I have said it a million times: I don't know how I would do my job without Google. It's simply amazing. But are you harnessing its full power? Here are a couple of tricks that I often use.
Say you want to search Stuff Christians Like for the phrase worship eagle. If you type site:stufffchristianslike.blogspot.com followed by "worship eagle" into the search box, it will then only search the Stuff Christians Like Web site. By putting the words worship eagle in quotes, it will also only search for the words as a phrase. Now to make things even easier, if you click the Cached link underneath the search result, it will show you a stored copy of the page, with your search term(s) highlighted. If you have multiple search terms, it will highlight each one a different color. Very useful for skimming through a long page to find exactly what you need.
What about you? Any other Google tricks that you use?
Somio AI Music Generator 3.2.3
8 hours ago

3 comments:
Hucklebuck, it just cracked me up that someone caught the 'riding dirty' reference. I thought 'I'm going to put this in, because exactly one, and no more than one person will see it.' And that someone is you! Rap is hilarious and ridiculous.
Thanks a lot, Huck.
Now I'm singing "Google is a friend of mine, Google is my friend..."
Dear Hucklebuck,
I got type this first or I'll forget it. I think it's funny that someone on your blogroll has a blog post title called "Fried Babelfish takes Google Translate out of your Browser", cuz you might as well be saying "Winkle wankle wonkle woo" to me. So, obviously we have different interests! And for the record, I caught the ridin' dirty reference, too, but for some reason I just kept hearing Weird Al singing "White and Nerdy" instead. (it's not you, Matt -- it's me).
Okay, here's my question: Do you know how to make a heart shape in the comments? My friend Jamie did it and I want to do it too! You may have covered it in a previous post. (I should probably use that nifty google feature, huh? Nah!)
Thanks!
wv: plumpti (yeeah, I'll pass)
P.S. - the whole "won't" think cracked me up!
Post a Comment